Applications are held on record for 60days.
Thrift Store Assistant Manager
Respecting the dignity of each person, St. Vincent de Paul Ozaukee County (SVDP) brings hope and help to those in need so they may achieve stability and move toward self-sufficiency.
Reporting to the Thrift Store Manager, the Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the Store Manager in generating revenue in support of St. Vincent de Paul’s mission and programs by managing the day-to-day operations of a non-profit thrift store.
In the absence of the Store Manager and at their direction, the Assistant Manager will manage paid staff and volunteers and oversee sales, donations of merchandise and internal fiscal controls.
- Direct and monitor store operations to drive revenue growth and ensure monthly sales, payroll and revenue budgets are met.
- Provide direction to paid staff and volunteers; sets priorities, determines schedules and assigning duties to ensure efficient store operations in absence of the Store Manager, or at their direction.
- Oversee assessment of incoming merchandise and develop an effective pricing and rotational strategy that maximizes the sale of goods and enhances revenue.
- Ensure cash handling, credit card and voucher transactions are handled to standard;
- Assess quality of merchandise and merchandise pricing, rotation, replenishment, cash handling procedures, store/warehouse cleanliness and overall maintenance.
- Fiscal management of Thrift Store operations including daily sales tracking and daily bank deposits.
- Curate displays to showcase products with an eye to special occasions, events, holidays, and season.
- Provide excellent customer service and lead staff and volunteers to do the same
- Handle customer complaints / issues in a courteous, timely manner.
- Handle other tasks delegated by manager including daily cash count , weekly schedule and other matters pertinent to operations.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous retail management experience preferred.
- Strong team based orientation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, effective communication and proven leadership ability a must.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple demands and priorities.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and/or move up to 50 or more pounds.
Must be able to sit, stand, walk for an eight (8) hour period.
- Experience with “point of sale,” computerized sales systems a plus.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Sales Associate - $15.00 per hour
St. Vincent de Paul is always taking applications:
- Associates (Warehouse)
- Associates (In-Store)
- Donation Attendants
- Team Leaders
Applications are kept on file for 60 days.